Indiana Glass / Tiara 1904 – 2002
The Indiana Glass Company was located in Dunkirk, Indiana. Once a division of Beatty – Brady Glass Co., established in 1896, which merged with National Glass in 1899. National Glass was a large conglomeration of glass companies which joined together to survive hard times in the glass industry. In 1904, the Beatty – Brady Glass Co., a member of the National Glass Combine, changed its name to Indiana Glass. During this time the company produced Early American pressed glass.
The Lancaster Glass Company purchased Indiana Glass in 1957. Glass items were identified as “Indiana Glass, a division of the Lancaster Glass Co.” in 1963. In 1970, Tiara Glass was formed as a division. Tiara was a popular home kitchen, dining and décor glass distributor which marketed its products through home based parties.When the National Glass consortium failed in 1907, the company was purchased by a group of Investors. The name ‘Indiana Glass’ was retained by the new owners.
In 1979 Lancaster Glass acquired Federal Glass molds and in 1983 it aquired Fostoria. Lancaster Glass acquired Fostoria Glass . In 1986 the company acquired Imperial Glass molds. These molds were usually modified slightly and then used to reproduce the old patterns by Federal, Fostoria and Imperial. The reproductions were distributed by Tiara.
In 1998, the Tiara division was closed, and then in 2002 Lancaster Colony ceased glass making operations in Indiana.